It was my first night in Fort Worth, after a day of driving and interviewing, I was more than ready for a night out with dear friends Scott and Elise. The evening would end with the most amazing underground jazz club and that was all that mattered. Until, I met the Love Shack Dirty Burger. All you need to know was an incredible burger was topped with a fried Quail egg. I became obsessed.
So when these came home from Lucky Seafood with dad yesterday, I couldn’t wait to get my hands a little “dirty.”
After a little quail egg research, I gathered the ingredients for a Baked Quail Egg experiment!
What a lovely little side dish this turned out to be. It would be a delicious breakfast on some sourdough toast!
Baked Quail Eggs over Tomatoes
8 Quail Eggs
1 Roma Tomato
Salt and Pepper
Seasoning (I used Pesto)
1. Preheat over to 350. Butter or spray a muffin tin or 4 ramekins.
2. Slice tomato, about 1/4 inch thick slices, 4 total.
3. Place tomatoes in the muffin tin or ramekin.
4. Carefully crack two quail eggs over each tomato. Add a tiny bit of butter and salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on desired egg consistency (10 for runny, 15 for fully cooked).
6. Add seasoning, serve warm and enjoy!