[What Grad School has taught me so far, outside of the books and winner of the giveaway!]
It’s almost October. Is that crazy to anyone else? I’ve been in Abilene for 6 weeks now. I am loving the beautiful sunrises, early morning runs and the combination of sunny days and days of rain. There has a been a lot of reading and studying happening in my sweet studio apartment, but a lot of learning in life, too.
1. The challenging things in life make you grow and growth doesn’t happen without growing pains – Grad school is challenging. And it’s work. And it should be. I’m here to become the best Speech Pathologist I can be. If this were easy, I couldn’t accomplish that.
2. People who encourage you to grow, are valuable people.
3. Life has more meaning when you’re intentional – my life group and I repeated this word over and over again. “Intentional.” I’ve brought it to Abilene with me and it’s the best thing I could have done.
4. No one can ruin your day when you start it with two eggs, coffee and some sweet time with Jesus.
5. Cooking is a perfect outlet for me. I can relax, be creative and it doesn’t get a grade.
6. No matter where I go, kids with special needs will always have my heart and God seems to continuously guide my steps towards them.
7. Y’all really is a convenient word. It shortens up so many phrases! I still don’t use it though… 😉
8. A friend that knows your heart is of so much value.
9. There is nothing I can do without the Holy Spirit, but when I’m walking in step with Him…there’s nothing I can’t do!
And, finally, the winner of the Coconut Oil giveaway is PurpleLarkspur! Congratulations! Please send me your name, email address and shipping address to sarahlynnsmile [at] gmail.com.
One thought on “Beyond the Books”
I love you and miss you!